Skip to main content

Joys of life


With the departure of teens, which makes me incredibly depressed when I think of it, there has been countless changes in this person who writes. In this ruckus of everyday life I have discovered an excellent escape in books which is awfully strange for a person like me. But the joy that comes along discovering every new chapter especially when the writer surprises you with thoughts that are similar to yours, the heart blooms a little. Reading has made me notice alot of things which are irrelevant in the eyes of others. I remember the first hibiscus of spring in my small balcony. It had a vibrant but sweet orange-pink colour and along with small violet blossoms beside, my garden found its colour palette for the season. 

A few days back, when the tension of the elections were gone and stormy wind was marking the arrival of Kalbaishaki, my heart felt contented with joy again. I will never forget the night which made me dance with joy in my moonlit terrace at 3:30 in the morning. It was all so exciting for me , starting from quietly unlocking the doors so that I don't wake anyone up , feeling the sweetness of the breeze on my face   and witnessing the distorted world at ease. The night smelled of freedom as I danced and pranced all along my terrace with melody in my ears. Maybe I felt so free because there was no one to watch, no one to stop. It was only the moon,gazing at me and following my every step along with the dizzy wind and I think some ghosts were watching too, because the dogs kept barking. The music kept me awake till the first light of the dawn. Let me tell you, there's a chill in the temperature and the colour of the sky as the moonlight keeps fading. But I couldn't stay past 4:45 am as some crows thought I was intervening their morning prayers. So I respected their privacy and left and finally convinced myself to get some sleep because the ruckus has to continue. 

Ps: This picture is remotely related to anything I wrote in this paragraph. Its a picture from March , 2020 when I was still 18. :( 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Alma Mater

  Today,our professor talked about the year 2007 when he first joined this institution, a memory so vivid and alive in his mind. The very same year , a six year old also shared the same building, with vague recollection of events. Our college is going to end soon and so does the sixteen years of journey with 11 Lord Sinha Road. With a handful of students in class today our professor shared some of his beautiful experiences, in and around the walls covering the premises. Being in the same premises, we shared a world which was completely different from each other.  A huge mango tree stands in our school ground. During this time of the year it is filled with green unripe mangoes with a sweet- citrusy scent in the air. But what we often left unnoticed were the lives that lived under the tree's shelter. Well, our professor didn't. He told us how there used to be squirrels, running down a branch of the tree and then landing on his windowsill of his staffroom. Then, without much notic

Afternoons

While coming back home from college,I choose to walk home alone along those empty streets which are left undiscovered. As I walk down the streets, I witness strings of houses with closed doors and windows   implying that people are giving their afternoon sleep after having their patent Bengali lunch ,the "Dal chawal". I see stray dogs , resting in the limited shed they get. The world looks at ease and it seems like there's no rush. The shops are closed , the vehicles are limited,people on the streets are numbered and there's me breathing peace in those solitary afternoons. Clicking pictures have always been my favourite sport. I try to notice every little thing which surrounds me while I walk forward. I check the changing skyscape, the movement of the clouds and the leaves of the trees, the colours of the walls which are noticed by none,the different forms of shadows formed by the trees or the buildings taking different patterns, and even the empty chair which is ke