Skip to main content

Afternoons

While coming back home from college,I choose to walk home alone along those empty streets which are left undiscovered. As I walk down the streets, I witness strings of houses with closed doors and windows implying that people are giving their afternoon sleep after having their patent Bengali lunch ,the "Dal chawal". I see stray dogs , resting in the limited shed they get. The world looks at ease and it seems like there's no rush. The shops are closed , the vehicles are limited,people on the streets are numbered and there's me breathing peace in those solitary afternoons. Clicking pictures have always been my favourite sport. I try to notice every little thing which surrounds me while I walk forward. I check the changing skyscape, the movement of the clouds and the leaves of the trees, the colours of the walls which are noticed by none,the different forms of shadows formed by the trees or the buildings taking different patterns, and even the empty chair which is kept in the balcony and a white furry cat taking its nap on it. And as I capture them in the most amature way possible, I notice that even these empty lanes aren't just lanes made up of sand and cement, but have so much art confined in them.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Alma Mater

  Today,our professor talked about the year 2007 when he first joined this institution, a memory so vivid and alive in his mind. The very same year , a six year old also shared the same building, with vague recollection of events. Our college is going to end soon and so does the sixteen years of journey with 11 Lord Sinha Road. With a handful of students in class today our professor shared some of his beautiful experiences, in and around the walls covering the premises. Being in the same premises, we shared a world which was completely different from each other.  A huge mango tree stands in our school ground. During this time of the year it is filled with green unripe mangoes with a sweet- citrusy scent in the air. But what we often left unnoticed were the lives that lived under the tree's shelter. Well, our professor didn't. He told us how there used to be squirrels, running down a branch of the tree and then landing on his windowsill of his staffroom. Then, without much notic